Archive for April, 2013
It is our great pleasure to announce the partnership for Pakistan, with the local organization ACT International:ACT International is a not-for-profit rights based national organization focusing on women, youth, children and marginalized segments of society. The organization particularly works with disadvantaged segments of society to empower communities by building peoples’ engagement, capacity and partnership focusing on women, youth and children for a better tomorrow. Organization aims to develop partnerships and innovative programmes with the support of development actors to contribute in the efforts of “Aiming Change for Tomorrow“. Vision: Aiming for a tomorrow where everyone has opportunities
Mission: Empowering communities to recover progress and advance by building peoples’ engagement, capacity and partnership focusing women and children for a better tomorrow.
They pursue this mission through:
· Grassroots institutional development and networking with local civil society groups and organizations;
· Sustainable economic development that integrates livelihoods, education, health, infrastructure, environment, youth development, social cohesion and local leadership management;
· Child development that integrates child rights, protection and improvement of service provision to reduce neglect, abuse and exploitation;
· Partnerships with civil society and public sector organizations that promote harmony and cohesion amongst development partners, integration of development initiatives and accountability;
· Policy advocacy that integrates evidence based research on socio-economic and political issues which are directly related to sustainable development of marginalized communities especially women and children;
· Emergency relief services and recovery and rehabilitation initiatives that assist people affected by conflict or disaster
ACT International works by adopting four pronged approach which creates equilibrium amongst all the major stakeholders including a) Charity through involving philanthropists; b) Engagement of local non- government organizations; c) Public Private Partnership (PPP); d) Outreach Program for provision of service delivery; by developing an approach of area based consortiums to build partnerships and ensure integration and cohesion during the implementation of development interventions.
THEIR CORE VALUES
· Our mission and humanitarian values impels us to act for a better tomorrow
· Participation for attaining ownership that leads to community empowerment
· Transparency for making humanitarian action accountable to stakeholders
· Equality for realizing the rights of disadvantaged and discriminated
· Innovation for achieving excellence to up-bring the lives of marginalized
· Responsibility for serving the underprivileged voluntarily
· Social Mobilization
· Education Programme
· Child Protection Programme
· Health and Nutrition Programme
· Livelihoods Programme
· Community Physical Infrastructure Programme
· Youth Development Programme
· Disaster Preparedness Programme
· GovernanceMore information’s are available at: http://act-international.org To learn more about Pakistan: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistan
Posted by Yula
We kept busy this weekend and with our web magazine reaching over half a million views (!) we thought it’s time to start connecting on social networks and thus help spread the word about the project.
Choose your preferred social network (or choose all!) and connect with us on:
Our Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/Edu4Sustainability
You might be asking yourself what is the point for a educational non profit project to be on a social network. Here’s how we see it: We plan to use our social web presence to help people learn more about sustainability and sustainable development, providing them with useful and objective information, good practices and ideas. We will use our social web presence to connect people, encourage them to interact by facilitating the exchange of ideas and experiences. We will also try to inspire people to opt for a more sustainable lifestyle by sharing first hand information and experiences.
That’s not all! Our Project Team was keen on having a daily blog, to share less official and more what-goes-on-in-the-background-stuff, so you can read them daily on Tumblr : http://edu4sustainability.tumblr.com/
Enjoy & connect!